Look, photoshoot pictures ARE useful!
One of my friends has pretty bad depression. I don't know how long she's been suffering but it's finally hit a point where she knows she needs to get help. As her friend, I've been trying to do my bit and be there for her. The other day was rough... she was apparently on the verge of tears all day. So, I told her to make a list of things that make her happy, and I'd make mine as well. Sometimes we just have to focus on little things and work our way up from that. I'm posting my list. What's your list?
1) Using a new hair net on a bun for a performance. This is definitely a dancer thing.
2) The sound of rain outside when you're in for the night.
3) Gnocchi! I had some awesome ones on a date last Saturday.
4) Anything chocolate.
5) Wearing a skirt and feeling cute.
6) Getting blog comments.
7) Warm laundry out of the dryer.
8) Meeting up with old friends.
9) Exploring new places.
10) Having friends that have your back.
12) Ice skating.
13) Looking through old pictures.
14) Small, cute, fluffy things.
15) Snuggling up under blankets.
I stopped at fifteen because that's the number of things that she sent me. Fifteen things that make her happy, and fifteen things that make me happy.. that's a decent number. Even if you're having a bad day, it's important to find one of those things and let it lighten you day.